Monday, July 6, 2009

Salamanca

Well the past few days have been crazy to say the least. Ben, Casey, and I met our host mom yesterday and also our family. We have a roommate from Germany named Tony, and roommate from Singapore named Kate(but the british accent is confusing, she is from an english family), and Veronica is from Virginia but originally El Salvador. Our mom, Clemen Matilla Calvo, is the nicest señora in the world and she loves Real Madrid so we hit it off great. For 7 people to live in one aparment in america we would expect a large house, this apartment is crazy small. one hallway with a kitchen the size of my shower and 5 tiny bedrooms with one bathroom. The Spainards make the best out of such small space. Tony is awesome and we've hung out with him almost all our freetime. The city is perfect for walking around and I have fallen in love with European lifestyle. The plaza mayor is by far my favorite place to be at night there is so much to do. I took my test today and find out tonight my level of skill. tomorrow I start my classes and I cant wait! I have definately hit the jackpot so far on this trip. Great food, friends, family, and life.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like tons of fun. That's really strange to have a Singaporean roommate in Spain who speaks with a british accent....
    My dad always talks about how he had a black jewish irish man who spoke with a french accent who worked for him. Confused people. :D

    ReplyDelete