Friday, July 3, 2009

Toledo

Today we left madrid and visited the valle de los caidos and the escorial before getting into toledo itself. The Valle de los caidos (Valley of the Fallen) is amazing. Its a giant tomb for all the soldiers that died in the spanish civil war (BTW thank you ms davis everything I learned in your class has come in handy from goya in the prado to franco to the placement test you had us take in your class). Its got a chapel in it that was only blessed after they cut it in half so it wasnt bigger than the vatican. Then we went to the escorial which is a palace built by felipe 2 as a summer palace. Then we got around 2 hours to go into toledo and eat at this cafe where the waitress was a retired teacher that destroyed me with spanish grammer. It was nice tho to find out i cant say puedo tener so now I wont make a fool of myself in cafe's. Then we had to wait forever for the taxi's to come because they were slow as anything. We watched a wierd slideshow in the plaza while we waited. Tomorrow we are getting a real tour of toledo and then who knows. I cant wait to meet my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment